I love the holidays! Try something little different to share with family and friends.
Essential Oil – Infused Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
Here is the recipe I used:
• 6 oz. dark chocolate ( at least 50% percent cacao ), finely chopped
I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup
I used agave
• 1/3 cup coconut milk
• pinch of sea salt
• 2 drops Cinnamon Bark
• 2 drops Ginger
• 1 drop Clove
• 1 drop Nutmeg
• Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat – proof bowl and set aside
2. Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk , and salt in a small sauceoan and bring to a simmer ( do not boil )
3. Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1-2 minutes,and the stir gently until completely melted and smooth ( I use a whisk )
4. Stir in essential oils
5. Refrigerate until mixture is just set,about 2 hours
6. With a small scoop or spoon , make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to smooth.
7. Place about 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish.Roll each truffle in cocoa until coated
8. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve
9. Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to two weeks; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving
Here are the ones I made
I am having a lot fun using my Young Living Essential Oils for cooking. Always use 100% therapeutic grade oils if you plan on eating them
If you are interested in Young Living Essential oils, follow my link
Have fun with your recipes!
Happy Holiday, Missy
Still have time to shop, Holiday Catalog